header

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fall is in the air






























The feeling of fall is everywhere. School has started back up, weather has changed somewhat and it is getting dark earlier. I'm not sure what it is about this time of year that makes me want to get out and explore. During this time of year i get that itch to get up early and go driving to those little towns and check out their unique antique shops hoping for a good deal or some ideas. This past weekend was perfect. It was overcast and rainy so my mom and i got out. We went to "Old Town Spring" whose town never disappoints when i need a creativity fix. We walked into a shop called "Thads" they had the cutest witch dolls i have ever seen. If they weren't so pricey i would have picked up a couple but at 166 dollars i think i might try to make one myself. However i might just save it for next year to tackle.
I did however find a cute quilted table runner. I liked it so much that i wanted it also for all seasons. So i made a version of it for Halloween.
This is the one that i bought. It goes with all of my everyday colors.

















This is the one that i made for Halloween.



It amazes me when i attempt to do these things at home that they come out so well. I might even try to make a quilt now. How difficult can that be. ;) Maybe in my spare time.

1 comment:

  1. Valerie! It turned ou great. What a talented sister-in law I have! Can't wait to see what you do next:)

    ReplyDelete