header

Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas table runners and tree skirt

Visit thecsiproject.com

It was summertime a little over a year ago when i found these table runners at an antique mall. Even though they weren't antiques i loved their look.


Since they didn't offer ones that i liked for the different seasons, I decided to try and make them myself. Here is my Halloween runner.
This is the one I made for the Fall.


 And then I made my Christmas runners.

I loved how the fabrics were so cheery that i decided to make a tree skirt out of the same fabrics.
I took an older tree skirt and used it to trace the pattern for the new skirt. Then i folded it to create the panels of fabric. I knew that i was going to paint little pictures and insert them onto the larger panels so i made one of the main panels double width.
I stretched some white cotton fabric in between a quilters ring and painted a few Christmas pictures.



These fabrics are so Christmas to me they have even found their way into my wrapping paper.
I know I can't help myself. I hope they still have the fabrics left, i think i want to make new stockings. :}

No comments:

Post a Comment